The Application Process
Step 1: Discover the St. Francis DeSales difference for yourself!
Multiple opportunities are available for you to tour the school and meet the faculty, administrators and students of St. Francis DeSales High School. For more information on prospective student events and “Stallion for a Day” visits, explore our Visit DeSales page.
Step 2: Submit an admissions application
Apply online , complete a transfer student application or request an application form from our admissions department at (614) 265-3380.
Submit the application, registration fee and copy of your most recent grade card for review to the admissions office at St. Francis DeSales High School.
The following factors are considered when reviewing a student's application: previous school records including a current report card, standardized test scores, as well as results from the St. Francis DeSales Entrance Exam (incoming freshmen only) are taken into account. Our admissions committee also welcomes recommendations from teachers, administrators and advisors that may speak to a student's involvement in leadership and service projects.
Application deadlines and registration fees
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2021)
• Application deadline was January 17, 2017, however, there is limited space available to join the Class of 2021.
• A $200 non-refundable fee is due at the time of application. This one time registration fee is not applicable to the first year of tuition.
Transfer Students (Limited space is available for the Class of 2019 and 2020)
• Application deadline is April 30, 2017.
• 10% of the full year tuition is due at the time of application. This non-refundable fee is applicable toward the remaining tuition balance.
• Any incoming 9th grade student or transfer applying after April 30th
• Student applications received after April 30th must include a non-refundable down payment of 25% of tuition.
• Applications received during the late enrollment period are also subject to space consideration.
Step 3: Take the entrance exam
(Incoming Freshmen only)
All 8th grade students applying to St. Francis DeSales High School are required to take the St. Francis DeSales Entrance Exam on Saturday, January 21, 2017 from 8:30-11:30 AM. Students that submit an application by January 17, 2017 will be automatically registered for the exam.
Developed by Scholastic Testing Services, this exam, called the High School Placement Test, is designed to recognize a student's potential to achieve success in a college preparatory curriculum. To assist students in their preparation for the Entrance Exam, we recommend obtaining a copy of the Barron's COOP/HSPT (How to Prepare for Catholic High School Entrance Examinations).
Step 4: Apply for financial assistance
Financial aid applications for the Class of 2021 are due by March 15, 2017. Please send completed applications to the admissions office.
According to Columbus Diocesan policy, the location of the residence of the students legal guardian is used to determine a students assigned high school. The SFDHS district includes the following parish boundaries:
Church of the Resurrection, New Albany
St. Anthony, Columbus
Sts. Augustine/Gabriel, Columbus
St. Elizabeth, Columbus
St. James. Columbus
St. John Neumann, Sunbury
St. Matthew, Gahanna
St. Matthias, Columbus
St. Michael, Worthington
St. Paul, Westerville